With a surface area of 1.667.926 km², Quebec is 1,5 times the size of Colombia and three times bigger than France. Its population is 7,6 million inhabitants.
Quebec, diverse and dynamic, is strategically located between Europe and the Americas. Quebec is Canada’s largest province.
It offers abundance and variety of natural resources and one of the most innovative economies in the country, with high technology and green energy businesses.
Quebec also has:
- GDP above 300 billion Canadian dollars, 60% of which is generated by the services sector. Per capita GDP in Quebec is comparable to that of Germany and exceeds that of Spain.
- 72% of Quebec’s international exports go to the USA and it is the world’s largest exporter of newsprint.
- 19 universities that produce 65.000 graduates each year.
- 40% of the population speak French and English; 13% speak a third language.
- Hydro-Quebec, the world’s largest hydroelectric company supplies the province’s economy and exports surplus power to the USA and other Canadian provinces.
- Montreal is one of the world’s main centres of the aeronautical industry and high technology, and is the seat of the Canadian Space Agency.
- The biopharmaceutical industry and clinical research are concentrated in Quebec.